The Coal Country Community Health Center Foundation was restored in August 2022 after becoming inactive for over 10 years. The board’s focus is to assist with educating and attracting current and future healthcare workers in our area.
Results from the last few Community Health Needs Assessments have shown the provision of healthcare workers as a concern for our area. One way the CCCHC Foundation plans to help meet this need is to attract and retain qualified healthcare workers by “growing our own”. The board began their work by researching and identifying possible programs that can be offered for individuals living in our community to further support their education and training opportunities.
The programs focus on:
- Implementing programs that provide continued education and training for current healthcare workers.
- Providing scholarships for local students who plan to further their education in the medical field while encouraging them to return to work in the area.
- Assisting with education opportunities for local individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
The Coal Country Community Health Center Foundation Scholarship is awarded each year in May. It is important that local residents gain the skills to be our community’s health care providers of tomorrow. Graduating seniors who are seeking a career in a medical field along with residing in our service area can apply.
2022-2023 Scholarship Recipients
- Ainsley Hayden - Killdeer High School
- Jenna Koppelsloen - Beulah High School
- Makenna Brunmeier - Hazen High School
- Kayleigh Kraft - Center/Stanton High School
Board of Directors
2023-2024 CCCHC Foundation ScholarshipApply Now